DISCLAIMER: Beech Lumber is a natural product and may differ from the sample seen in color and figure. Certain species of timber will contain a small percentage of sap and knots in line with international grading standards.
Standards that are supported:
- A grade- 4 sides clear – is the highest class quality. The timber is clean, flawless (without knots and/or hearts).
- AB grade – 4 sides clear – on one side of the piece of timber found traces of hearts healthy and/or a healthy node.
- BC grade – 3 sides clear – allowed red heart, knots, bends, and small cracks.
- 0.30 to 0.95 m timber sub-short (TASS)
- 1.00 to 1.70 m short timber (TAS)
- 1.80 to 2.00 m long timber (TAL)
- 2.10 to 3.00 m long super-timber (TAL +)
Heat treatment: Steaming light 10-12 hours, uniform color. Drying: KD, KD 10-14% Markings: timber is packed with one length in the bundle and can have markings at customer request.
About Beech Lumber
Species: Beech Lumber
Scientific Name: Fagus sylvatica
Janka Hardness: 1,450 lbf (6,460 N)
Modulus of Rupture: 15,970 lbf/in2 (110.1 MPa)
Elastic Modulus: 2,075,000 lbf/in2 (14.31 GPa)
Crushing Strength: 8,270 lbf/in2 (57.0 MPa)
Shrinkage: Radial: 5.7%, Tangential: 11.6%, Volumetric: 17.3%, T/R Ratio: 2.0
Lumber, veneer, flooring, boatbuilding, furniture, cabinetry, musical instruments (piano pinblocks), plywood, and turned objects.