WE SUPPLY DOUGLAS FIR LOG & LUMBER
DISCLAIMER: Timber is a natural product and may differ from the sample seen in colour and figure. Certain species of timber will contain a small percentage of sap and knots in line with international grading standards.
Standards that are supported:
- A grade- 4 sides clear – is the highest class quality.The timber is clean, flawless (without knots and / or hearts).
- AB grade – 4 sides clear – on one side of the piece of timber found traces of hearts healthy and / or a healthy node.
- BC grade – 3 sides clear – allowed red heart, knots, bends and small cracks.
- 0.30 to 0.95 m timber sub-short (TASS)
- 1.00 to 1.70 m short timber (TAS)
- 1.80 to 2.00 m long timber (TAL)
- 2.10 to 3.00 m long super-timber (TAL +)
Drying: KD, KD 10-14%
Markings: timber is packed with one length in the bundle and can have markings at customer request.
About Douglas Fir
Species: Douglas Fir
Scientific Name:Pseudotsuga Menziesii
Veneer, plywood, and structural/construction lumber.
The tree itself grows to be very large, and yields a large amount of usable lumber and veneer for plywood. It is an incredibly valuable commercial timber, widely used in construction and building purposes. The wood is very stiff and strong for its weight, and is also among the hardest and heaviest softwoods commercially available in North America.
Note: We export round logs as well, cut to different lengths as per customer request. Please contact us to buy douglas fir round logs