Oak logs for sale
DISCLAIMER: Timber is a natural product and may differ from the sample seen in color and figure. Certain species of timber will contain a small percentage of sap and knots in line with international grading standards.
Standards that are supported:
- Grade A (S4S) – is the primary grade (without knots and/or hearts).
- Grade AB (S4S) – on one side of the piece of timber found here we have fewer traces of hearts healthy and/or a healthy node.
- Grade BC – allowed red heart, knots, bends, and small cracks.
- 0.30 to 0.95 m timber sub-short (TASS)
- 1.00 to 1.70 m short timber (TAS)
- 1.80 to 2.00 m long timber (TAL)
- 2.10 to 3.00 m long super-timber (TAL +)
Drying: KD, KD 10-14%
Markings: timber is packed with one length in the bundle and can have markings at customer request.
About White Oak
Species: White Oak
Scientific Name: Quercus alba
Janka Hardness: 1,350 lbf (5,990 N)
Modulus of Rupture: 14,830 lbf/in2 (102.3 MPa)
Elastic Modulus: 1,762,000 lbf/in2 (12.15 GPa)
Crushing Strength: 7,370 lbf/in2 (50.8 MPa)
Shrinkage:Radial: 5.6%, Tangential: 10.5%, Volumetric: 16.3%, T/R Ratio: 1.9
Cabinetry, furniture, interior trim, flooring, boatbuilding, barrels, and veneer.
White Oak is strong, beautiful, rot-resistant, easy-to-work, and economical, representing an exceptional value to woodworkers.